Michelle Strombeck's Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just when I thought it couldn't get more interesting...


Right after lunch, I decided to try and meet my friend Jennifer at a Starbucks down the street.  As I was walking to meet her, I saw what I thought was the start of a parade. So, I decided to wait until it passed to see what it was all about.  Turns out it was actually a group of protestors. They had identified themselves to the media as anarchists and/or some sort of anti-government group. The police were following the group, mainly just driving behind them to keep the group moving along. 

The group was not really causing trouble, until they got right to the corner I was standing at. BRILLIANT!
I was standing right across the street from Macy's in downtown St. Paul, and a couple of the protestors starting bashing out the windows with bats and these long sticks. 
After bashing out 2-3 of the large glass windows of the Macy's store, they moved on to this police car that was sitting in the intersection. 
Nobody was sitting in the police cars...the cars were just sitting there blocking the intersection.
Secret Service dude outside of Macy's. I always wonder what they are saying in their little microphones. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home