Michelle Strombeck's Blog

Monday, September 01, 2008

At the RNC




So, I decided I couldn't take watching the conventions on TV anymore, and caught a ride with a friend to Minnesota on Saturday for the start of the Republican National Convention. I'm in St.Paul right now, about 6 blocks from the Excel Energy Center. I don't have my media credentials yet, but a guy I know is working on it. Everybody has to have a "a guy" don't they?

Both Minneapolis and St.Paul are filled with convention delegates, press, and protestors, and it's unusually hot for this time of year in MN. It's over 90 degrees all ready today.  I can remember standing outside waiting for the school bus in a sweater and cords, so I can't believe it's quite this hot on September 1st.

I only took one picture before I ran out of battery power. But I'm back up and running now, so will post more pics later on today. For right now, my temporary headquarters is in the air-conditioned Brueggers Bagel Shop, which happens to have great bagels, and the all important "Free Wi-Fi" Occupying the booth right next to me is a whole crowd of AP reporters who have also taken up residence here, so I'm amongst friends.

Keep checking back for more pics...Go McCain/Palin!

(Pic Above: Hillary & McCain dolls for sale. No sign of any Obama dolls.)






1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So enjoyed your blog from Republican convention. Looking forward to more.
    Hip Hip Hoorays for Sarahs and Sallys.
    Go McCain & Palin!!!
    S. Schmidt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home